The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2001, 05:17 PM   #1
badass67

Wink FRONT DISK BRAKE CHANGE

I have a 67 short bed, I will be replacing the old drum brakes for disk brakes. I went to the local yard and found a clean 78, I removed the spindles with the lines and rotors. Also the tie rods. But not the arms or ball joints. I already have power brakes with the proportionong valve working fine, hoever I also took the boster and the master cylinder from the 78, it looks much better than mine!
I called my local classic truck restorer and he said that the 6 lug rotors from the new disk brake kits they sale will work fine to replace the factory 78 5 lugs, also said to buy new ball joints to match the 78 spindels.
I am getting myself in deep water? or I should be able to do this in a fairly easy way? I just read on the board that it looks like I won't be able to remove the lower ball joint? or install the new one?
Any great Ideas? what should I do tomorrow when I start this project? Please advise!!!!

John
badass67 is offline   Reply With Quote