The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Do you favor Classic Carb'd Muscle, or Modern EFI LS Power
Give me that gas guzzling classic muscle 79 63.71%
I don't want to pump the gas, give me modern EFI LS Power 37 29.84%
You guys are missing out, I like something all together different (explain in post below) 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Re: Classic Muscle or Modern Power?

I have nothing against LS engines. If I felt any of my trucks needed one I would put one in. I look back over the last 45 years combined with my experiences today and just don't see the need. Most guys with the "Gotta have an LS syndrome" are just following the herd. It seems some bought one of these trucks just to have something to put an LS in. They have never experienced these trucks any other way. If I drove mine daily then gas mileage would become a concern. With the little most drive these trucks the effort to modernize seems a waste and a good way to kill a good old truck. I might do a swap, I might modify a frame, I might do a lot of things to a truck. But I won't buy any that someone else did.

For me, classic truck = classic power. Trucks that come with the LS engines are nice. If I want that modern stuff I'll get modern stuff.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote