The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Grandaddys' 64

Unhappy Tail Light problem .Any help appreciated

Long time lurker here, but needed help with the tail lights on my 64 Fleetside. All stock with a 230 and three on the tree. Was passed down this truck from my father who got from his father. I have been doing mostly needed things so far. One of those things was new alternator earlier this week. I was wanting to get the alternator in right after it came and made a mistake - I did not pull a battery cable before I started and when I unbolted the hot wire on the back of the altenator it touched the inner fender and sparked. I got the new alternator in with no other issues and checked the truck. No problem cranking and the alternator worked to charge the system. I kept checking, turning on the lights I got headlights, parking lights, dash lights, dome light, tag light, but NO tail lights or brake lights. I am not too good with electrical. Does anyone have an idea?
Attached Images

Grandaddys' 64 is offline   Reply With Quote