The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
ClevsChev

Ls mounting height

Okay I've been contemplating a few different options on mounting my 5.3, the motor came out of a 03 Tahoe and I was wanting to use the same motor mounts if I could to avoid buying different ones. I mocked up a bracket to weld to the frame but the engine is sitting a little high. I don't mind the height because my ac will fit without notching the frame, and I can't go much lower because the mounts will hit the frame themselves..

Now my question is.. will I run into any problems as I continue with the motor this high in the bay? Such as drive shaft angle, balance issues, or anything else
I know I will have to have a slightly bigger tunnel through the cab but I'm not too worried about that..

Pictures below, this is my first build and I'm just learning as I go from this site and the help from a few others who have done some rat rods/muscle builds so any advice is welcomed
Attached Images

ClevsChev is offline   Reply With Quote