The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
hugger6933

What is on your list to start

A truck that has been sitting 3 to 5 years.

I have been kinda having the urge to drive a old truck over the last couple of weeks. I have one in the shop[ a customers frame off] that is getting real close to going back on the frame. I then have one of my 70 shorts in the shop to put on the cab dolly it is almost done and ready for high build primer. This has kinda given me the bug to ride. I have 5 or 6 of these trucks to build that I have been gathering over the last few years. I have couple that are close to being ride and drive in fact my 68 GMC drove to where it is parked right now. It was a big block truck but someone put in a later model 350 before I got it. It has power brakes steering buddy buckets tilt and vac tach dash plus air. This truck has been sitting for like the title says 3 to 5 years time gets away from me so quickly.
What do you do on one that you want to get driving running well and stopping to use and enjoy. I was just thinking while having lunch out of all the trucks I have bought 4 of them were run and drive and I have only logged less than 150 miles in all of them combined and that includes a 90 mile trip home in one of the 70's.[ I have a 68 GMC, 68 C10, 70 C-10 another 70 C-10 and 71 C30]
So I was thinking first off pull the tank and maybe the top of the carb to check it out then pull the plugs to spray some lube in. Then change the oil in the motor and trans.
So what else would you guys do? Sorry for the long post but if you know me well that is normal. Thanks Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote