The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
'72 Cheyenne Super

Post Question on 2002 2500HD Front Suspension

Hi all, I'm hoping one of you (especially from the snowy midwest) might know the answer to this one. I am expecting delivery of a new GMC 2500HD 4x4 (extended cab, long box, Duramax with Allison) early next week, and I'm wondering if I didn't make a mistake in ordering. I ordered EVERY available option except roof marker lights, and the "snow plow prep package" (I live in Western Washington. Who needs it?!?) I know that package gives you heavier spring (torsion bar) rates in the front, but here's the question: Does it cause the front of the truck to sit higher (more level) without a load on it (i.e. plow mounted on it)? I don't like how the front sits lower than the rear (even though I know the reason for that), and I don't want to mess with cranking up the torsion bars to compensate (throws the alignment out of whack). Sorry so long. Just want to satisfy my own curiosity, and know if I should start kicking myself in the a** now. I've been waiting since late October for this rig (factory order), and I'm not about to refuse it and start all over again!