The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Smokintire70

Drivetrain dreaming/ ideas :)

What's up guys! I'm dreaming kinda right now but I've got a '70 LWB OG yellow and white, ET IVs and the truck looks beat up and has seen better days but that's ok cuz it original paint and panels. It's got a ramjet 350 (two bolt main, OE roller gen, vortex heads and a ramjet FI system) that makes 351 horse and 403 TQ. It's pretty slow. I wanna ditch the FI, since it's non tuneable ( am I crazy for this) and ruins the 70s truck look... I would swap that with a team G single plane that's sitting around the shop, or a air gap that's cheap, from CL. It would be one of those two intakes. Dart iron Eagle heads, and a extreme energy XR294HR. (294, 300 dur.), and some chromeoly pushrods. I don't know what carburetor to get but I was thinking a Holley. I wouldn't go past a 650 otherwise I figure I'd drown it. Anyway this all started because I drove it too hard one too many times and the 700R4 is goin out on me. Since that I figured I could replace the torque converter since I torque braked it a lot doing burnouts and for a bigger cam eventually and since the the inner grill is broken, I would need to take part of the front end apart. Then I could pull the radiator and throw a cam in it. Maybe a set of heads, an intake and a carb... I don't know. I just want it a little more peppy.
I just want it in this order, 1. Adjustable/ tuneability, 2. Performance 3. Looks/ more period correct
I don't think I'm going to do this but it would be cool to know if I'm insane.
Thanks! Have a good one.
Smokintire70 is offline   Reply With Quote