The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Faster_than_you

to many flames or just keep on going?

o.k. now as you all know there are PLENTY of items that have flames on them. I love the look of flames on cars and especially our kind of trucks. Maybe because I grew up around my dad who was old skool. but anyways, I am trying to figure out if I may be going overboard, and not giving the correct amount of "seperation" for items that are flamed.
I bought valve covers, air cleaner, and spark plug holders so far for my truck that have flames on them. I am thinking of buyin a billet flame steering wheel, interior mirror (flames matching the engine parts) and having my paint scheme be a house of kolor silver with marble dark toredour red racing strips being peeled out of the front and the strips being bursted into flames on the bottom of the fenders and doors.
now I also found headliners with flames, the door panels with flames (thinking about just making the panels full instead of just the stock little half cover the door fabric) then the gauges having the flame universal gauge panel holder (on the dakota digital website) and then I just found a seat setup on ebay. here is the link to the ebay site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2471427801
o.k. well now that I have given everyone my plans which I have been wanting to keep secret, do you think I should lay off of the flames, or keep on rolling with my ideas? I dont want people to think that I am "the flamer" or anything. I am not trying knock any jeff gordon fans, as he once said,"you cant stop the flaming rainbow."
anyone just tell me if these are good ideas or if I should just calm down. but I would like to have my truck a mainly "on fire" scheme.
thanks for any input. I will also try post my new goodies on my cardomain website.