The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Pinchecharlie

My new 65 complete with lots of problems!

So as a few of you know I picked up this little project yesterday for a reasonable price. I will need some immediate repairs and some updates and some cosmetic stuff done. For now I'll be getting it safe and operational. So first thing will be front suspension. Now forgive me because iam new to these parts and I've researched some but may ask dumb questions lol.so iam wanting to order parts and need opinions if you would chime in that would be great.
1-opinion on reliable , fair and quality parts manufactures. I don't want to mix and match if I don't have to.
2-I need dropped spindles,springs and parts to rebuild the front end . I have 6 lug drum brakes and they seem fine but I know they are not as good as discs. So opinions on which products would make the swap the simplest and most cost affective.
The budget allows a 800-1200 dollar investment but every dollar saved here can go there if you know what saying.
It gets a bit confusing reading about all the years and compatibility and there are some good posts but I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions on what you might have done differently or new products ect.
3- 6 lug vs 5 lug and my original 16 inch wheels
I'm going for the "shop truck" look and like steelies and caps/beauty rings
I will be kinda dumb and go for a big and little (modest)
Opinions are apreciated. I know it vague and I'll try to find some examples to show for reference same (Or steal)
I'm really stoked and happy to be doing this truck and to be so lucky to have so many experts to help out. Thanks again Charlie
Attached Images

Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote