The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
RUN GMC

No crank after pulling apart tan wire........

So I was driving my pride n joy today when all of a sudden the idle started stumbling to a rough idle..... I was able to drive it home after I stopped and put in some Sunoco premium gas......after getting it home I left it running and retrieved my timing gun to check the timing which showed it to be at about 14 degrees advanced give or take 1 degree or two.....so then I decided to pull apart the tan/white wire on the fire wall to adjust the timing like I ve done before.....upon pulling it apart the tan/white wire it killed the motor at idle and when I went to crank it I got nothing at all....plugged the tan wire back up I still got nothing.....I disconnected the negative to the battery for one minute to reset computer and reconnected it and went to crank it.... it would turn over but not fire up....repeated the process again still no fire......plan to place #1 cylinder to tdc, check orientation of distributor and try to crank it as to try set/check timing again..........the question is has anyone been through what i described ...the distributor is two months old, tps is new, egr is new, ......has anyone had to replace their tan/white wire that you disconnect to set timing.........any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance..............

Last edited by RUN GMC; 04-13-2017 at 11:38 PM.
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote