The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
Bisblue

C10 newbie advice on buying/ what V8 is this?

Hey folks,
I live in an area in Vegas with lots of horse folks and bigger lots. A couple of lots down from mine I noticed this along with a bunch of other vehicles. It's got a v-8 under the hood with chrome valve covers and stock exhaust manifolds with the carb pulled off and a piece of cardboard over the intake.

It's got all the glass, a B&M shifter and some bucket seats. I haven't worked on older cars much, but I just rebuilt the transfer case in my dodge cummins with 315K on it, I've done new heads on toyota's and used to convert diesel vehicles to run on veggie oil, so I'm somewhat competent, I've got a decent shop.

I'm interested in fixing up a truck about this age and keeping the paint/body as is. Just something to cruise in from time to time. I'd love any feedback or ideas of what these are worth. I'd hope to check all the cylinders and try to turn it over by hand etc... before I made an offer. Hopefully it's 500 bucks and get it out of here, but they will probably want 20k for it. I'm looking to fix one up myself and do it as cheaply as possible.

V8 pictures were added to the thread below

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Attached Images

Last edited by Bisblue; 04-25-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Bisblue is offline   Reply With Quote