The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
phillipm

Re: 1978 Russet Metallic 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffydores View Post
OK Folks: Working on some new additions. I currently have the rims in for powdercoat. The painted silver was already showing some rust. No bueno.

I just ordered some Sunflower Yellow Pinstriping Vinyl in 1/4" and 3/8" sizes to change the trim from black to sunflower yellow. By the way Philip, I "am" using some of the factory pins on my trim. Brain fart there. I'm still using all the hex nut attachments.

I also ordered some 1/4" Orange HDPE to fabricate a tailgate guard to end the inevitable scratches when it's down.

I went ahead and ordered a B&M 12-Bolt Cover to increase the volume of fluid for the gears. My pinion angle is sitting at 14.5 degrees, so it was making me a hair nervous. Probably overkill.

Ordered a ARB Power Port for the back to run my ARB Cooler. Also purchased the Dorman Parts to run it as a standard Cigarette Lighter Power Port.

Finally, I'm upgrading the factory AC with a kit from Original Air.

I'll add pictures as things are installed.
Are you replacing the entire HVAC system with a new evaporator and everything? I've never used anything from Original Air and I wasn't really able to see what they have to offer other than a compressor kit.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote