The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
69 Short Fleet

Thumbs down Is It Just Me or ..............

AM I ALL ALONE??? Man I'm about to have kittens right now, first time in a long time I get a chance to work on my truck. Go to install my floor carpet (bought brand new last summer did a quick test fit seemed ok at the time). This morning I double check everything for fittment first before cutting the shifter location and what the heck??? the carpet is about 1" too short on both kick panels just below the air vents (OK everywhere else) and then I thought, well the carpet is being suspended by the top of the tranny housing (4 Speed) by approx. 1" - 1 1/2" and not laying flat on the hump like it is supposed to so that "logically" if I cut a "X" through the carpet directly over the shifter location and push the carpet flat it should extend nicely over to the kickpanels NOT!!! Did'nt make any difference at all (I contacted the vendor and I don't know how this will unfold). Could of I got a "LOW HUMP" carpet sent to me in error? or is there a huge difference between the two? I also have a sound deadener kit below the carpet the white foam type with the bituman tar sheeting above that. I feel that I'll probably have to eat this one and I think deserve to (measure twice, cut once, and its been 10 months since I bought it). Then I go to realign my hood.... after 3 hours of tweaking (yes I read the threads on panel placement and they are exellent by the way, sorry I forgot the member's name who posted them) at least one of my fenders is out at the front! (This is beond my skill, I'll have to get a pro to do it) Then to top off the day I look down on the ground by the rear bumper and see this shinny rectangle (stainless steel) and then look at my "Delux Side Marker" and the flipping trim FELL OFF not just one but one on the front also!!! (brand new repo's, LOL) I feel like Tom Petty once wrote "LET ME UP I'VE HAD ENOUGH" Hope your day was BETTER, Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote