The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Sheetaki

Biggest front tire size on a stock 3/4-ton?

Hi everyone, I'll start by apologizing, as I know there have been a million tire/wheel size threads. That being said, based off all the one's I've seen nobody is asking this question. If they have, I missed it, and I apologize.

I have a '67 fleetside C20. It currently has 235/85/16's on it that are over 10 years old. The wheels and hubcaps are off an 80's pickup I believe, so far from original. I'd like to put some wider tires on it, and it looks like I can get some cheap 16x10's in 8x6.5 off Summit. Those would allow me to fit some 275/70/16's on all 4 corners, but I'm having trouble finding anything that says 275s would fit in the front. It seems like there's a ton of room up there as it's stock ride height, but maybe not. I'd like to go as wide as I can while keeping all 4 tires the same size (for rotation).

Has anyone done this before? Most seem to lower it and go wider in the rear than the front. I guess I could do that, as I'm not likely to drive this thing past tire warranty miles anyways. I'd rather all 4 be symmetrical though.
Sheetaki is offline   Reply With Quote