The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
Toolman_69

Angry Bad day for the project

Last Friday was a bad day for me. I got off work early when I got home I hopped in the truck and drove it to grab some lunch down the street. On the way home the truck popped and shut off. I coasted to a stop in front of my house. I got out and checked a few things, nothing looked out of the ordinary so I went inside. Later I noticed it was leaking antifreeze from not any of the rubber hoses. When I checked the dipstick it had probably another gallon of water added to it. Being that I didn't have any oil in my antifreeze I hoped that it was just an intake gasket. Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I pulled the drivers side head. I had a huge hole in my cylinder, and no piston, well actually pieces of the piston. The number 1 cylinder was full of water. My heart sank, and I shut the hood. Yes I'll get pictures uploaded. The silver lining is I have a set of 049 heads I can port. I can build the short block how I want, and really prep the bottom end for the twin turbo setup I had planned on using in the future. Rant Over, anyway thanks for reading this far.
Toolman_69 is offline   Reply With Quote