The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Finished My Shop Clock

Hope this works as am on a new desktop with Windows 10 and also using a new memory card reader.

This clock started out as a really beat up, rusted cap with numerous dents, dings and rusty faded paint. No way to make it useable on a truck so since it could not be hurt much more decided to experiment some. Started doing some body and fender massaging of the metal, bead blasted it, worked the metal a bit more and got it to where I thought I could at least live with it. Primed then painted the entire cap white. Let that several days to dry and then masked over the white to paint the black with a semi-gloss. Let dry several days and masked those sections to paint the blue, used Krylon True Blue gloss. Found an old battery operated clock at a yard sale which worked, gutted the clock for the mechanisim. Used some old rusted bolts I had laying around and shortened with a die grinder. Used larger for 12-3-6-9, smaller for the remaining numerals. Drilled the holes after plotting the positions for them and mounted using plumbers putty. Solid but able to remove if I found something else I liked better. Lightly sanded, primed and painted the hands Chevrolet Orange as could not see them to well with the original black against a black background. The masking procedure worked well enough to mount the clock on the wall at a distance but not for a hubcap restore usage for sure. Edges are too sharp. Anyway, when it was all done and put together decided it looked pretty good for a garage clock and save an old part from the scrap pile. Any comments on it as in Yea or Nay?
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote