The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #1
dtkarst

Hate to bother everyone again...

I posted a few days ago about a big block 72 3/4 ton C20 and i accidentally put it in the suburbans thread but it got moved and got limited responses. So I'm sorry if i irritate anyone for posting this one to get your alls expert opinions. here it is:

1972 C20 Factory 402 Big Block, 400 auto, tilt, AC, PS, PB.

Ive let 2 half tons with these options get away and i told myself i wouldn't let another get away if it was reasonable. Well here we are today looking at a 3/4ton. Said to have 90K original miles from the original owners family. It'll run while dumping fuel down the carb, which means it will likely need a carb kit which is no big deal. But it is very rusty as you will see in pictures...Needs full floor pan or at least could be easier to do it, and rockers, corners etc. Bed has some rot in it as well, and i sure the front clip does too. But here is my question. It can be bought for 1800 bucks and Id go get it. I would probably keep it around as a fun cruiser if it runs right, and then maybe use th motor and tranny for a (hopeful) 72 shortbed like in the movie Dazed and Confused. But is it worth the 7hour round trip and 1800 bucks to own it? Im pretty new to these recently and you guys are the experts so thats why I'm Leaning on you guys. trying to to annoy anyone with questions on it, just could use some help. thanks
Attached Images

dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote