The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #1
MikeMcCl

Starter/solenoid/ignition/battery problem

I have a 1972 C10 long bed with a 350 small block and a 4-speed manual. About a week ago it was running really good it ran the wrong and healthy. But as of Friday I tried to crank it over and it made a weird clicking noise I asked my Auto Tech Teacher about it and he told me it was the solenoid and I replaced it. I replaced it today started it up it ran really good. I turned it off five minutes later then tried to turn it back on it and they gave me the same weird clicking noise. I was on the phone with my Auto Tech Teacher for about an hour-and-a-half today going through every little thing trying to figure it out and we both came to the conclusion that it's probably going to be the starter. I talked to my dad about it and he predicts for some reason it's the alternator which I don't understand how it would have anything to do with it. The battery is less than 6 months old . But after digging through wiring and burning my hands constantly on the Block and the headers we're predicting it's one of two things either the starter or the ignition switch. I would like some sort of input on this from you guys. I am slowly figuring this out as I go. I'm not much for electrical I am more of mechanically minded. But this is my senior year Cruiser and I would like it to have it done because this is my last week of school. Help would be much appreciated thank you very much.
Attached Images

MikeMcCl is offline   Reply With Quote