The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Bench Building

I have a 72 K20 Burb converted to K10 just sitting in the wings. I don't really need anything for it but my nephew and I were talking about all my junk, sort of what would we do with this or that project, and the drive train came up when we were talking bout the burb.

Im happy with the stock 350 and auto set up. He was asking what sort of modern engine trans set up could we use. Nothing diesel, nothing high horse, just a good reliable modern drive train we could pull from a newer 4x4.

My wife had an 07 Trailblazer with a six in it. That thing was reliable, smooth and quiet. Towed my 41 Cadillac home like it wasn't even behind us. Has anyone ever put that combo in one of our trucks? I cant believe a 72 Burb is any heavier that the Trailblazer.

I suppose most any low mileage engine trans out of a late standard 4x4 would work. Some day I need to get versed in this stuff I guess. But like I said we were just doing a little bench building.