The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Anthony14

Help with PO's chop...

Hi guys, looking for some advice/help. The PO had done a chop on my truck, so I had to take over. I fitted the doors to the cab and I got custom glass made and installed in the doors - that was tons of fun I had to undo 90% of what he had done. I just got around to reinstalling the doors onto the cab. The drivers side mounted very nice. Nice gaps all around, body lines etc... I mounted the passenger side and not the same story. The door skin matches the body lines and nice gaps all around but when you get to the top portion of the door it's way out. It's almost as though when he dropped the top he was just planning on bending the passenger door frame in to lineup again which of course you can't do - at least if you expect to have working windows lol. At one point the door sticks out even wider then the drip rail! So here's the question; I'm thinking at this point I have to cut the cab roof and almost move it over, something that's normally done and dose not look like he did but can't quite figure out where I should cut. I have to replace the A pillar on that side as well, because he just leaned it in. It sat under part of the windshield so he just cut it to make the windshield fit. I'm not sure if I should cut parallel with the length of the truck down the center of the roof and just try and "move" the passenger side half over, or cut somewhere else. Any ideas would be great. I attached some pictures that hopefully will make what I wrote make sense.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Anthony14 is offline   Reply With Quote