The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
mruta1

Should I buy it... or what should I pay?

Hi everyone,
I'm considering buying a 1967 C10 truck. The truck (probably better described as a pile of parts) is a roller short bed frame, step side bed missing one fender, and a cab with no doors.

I know this sounds terrible (it probably is) but hear me out... The frame is in pretty good shape and it's a factory SB frame, it appears to have a 12 bolt axle, and the cab isn't overly rusty. It's a factory large rear window and looks like a factory A/C cab as well.

The one major ugly is that someone added a sunroof to it. I'm not sure how much it's going to take to repair it in an acceptable fashion. My original thoughts were that I could buy this thing to make a long term hot rod shop truck project for the high school auto tech class I teach. It would require me buying a second truck for all the missing stuff, but the thought was to take two beaters to build one good short bed (plus A/C) truck. This is a silly, idea, I know.... building a truck based on having a cab and a frame 👽. In my area, rusted out beaters seem to go for big bucks.

I guess what I'm looking for guidance on is how much you'd pay for a truck (parts?) like this. Seller says he has a clean title, by the way.

Thanks for your input!
mruta1 is offline   Reply With Quote