The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
ghalperin

Calling all Experts!

Someone here must know this stuff.

I'm on the home stretch for my '67 396 3OTT Saginaw with OD installation.

I need help with my overdrive installation. The governor is missing and I have never seen a photo of an actual unit. A large bolt is installed in it's place. The readily available governor has threads that screw into the overdrive that are much too large to fit. I didn't measure the threads on the bolt, but my guess is that they're about 1 inch.

I'm also have a tough time installing my lock out cable. I purchased the factory assembly manual, but couldn't find any info there. The bracket by the T-bar handle is supposed to mount just left of the ignition switch and I've seen photos of it mounted in different locations.

I also can't find any photos of where the cable exits the cab. I've been told a hole above the rear wiring harness hole and a hole above the gas pedal. I have the hole above the rear wiring harness, but it's about 3/8". I don't have an existing hole above the gas pedal.

I'm also have trouble figuring out where the cable passes the shift linkage. I don't want the linkage rubbing on the cable housing. It's pretty crowded down there with the shift linkage, but I have a lot of room between the tranny and the cab since I used the V8 crossmember.

Any photos would be appreciated.

1960 Burro Corvair/VW Buggy - Factory made in Santa Ana, Ca

1929 Ford Model A Roadster - traditional pre-war banger hot rod
ghalperin is offline   Reply With Quote