The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #28
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Help me feel better!

After near 30 years of intention, I'm currently restoring my 71. I tend to dive into things deeply. Add I'm new to this, well, it takes me a while. I live a moderate means, but don't mind spending the cash. However, this is time consuming. If I can get my "peeps" in a row the cab is ready to come off. I prefer not pull anything beneath that until it's off the frame.

More on topic, I bought this 72 near a year ago. Keeps the blood flowing while my 71 remains in a comma. I have no intentions of restoring this 72, and if I did I'd prefer replace the cab. Rust is represented by the window frame, gutter, floor corners, roof and even some ceiling. No doubt the cowl too..........................But I'm fixing it up to some extent. So far all new fluids, "new" battery, starter, complete brake job, tires, wheels, lock cylinder & door locks, choke, panels & arm rests, mirrors, etc..... Removed 45 years of grease (mostly ). Basic up-keep/corrections/fixes and making it mine.............. I "have" to do a tune-up yet, and then declaring her done, though I'll probably cut what's left of the dash pad and Velcro on a cheap replacement................My initial intent leaned parting it out

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote