The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
ApacheIvan

Adjusting stock POA for r134

I have all new AC in my 72. Everything is new except for evaporator and POA. New compressor, new hoses, new evaporator and expansion valve. When I bought the new hose with muffler on it I opted to go r134 so it has the proper valve in it already, converted the valve on the POA. With that said, I had it professionally charged. I was told since everything was stock that I should have had my POA pressure adjusted to get optimum cooling. Now that it all works, it blows cool but nor really cold. I hate that I have to evacuate the system again and take the POA out. Vintage Air is telling me I should get the kit that eliminates the POA and cycles the compressor. I don't like that idea, I would like it to look as stock as possible. Someone told me there was a guy on the forums that will service the POA for me but could not recall who it was. I did some searches but could not find him. If it is easy to do, I suppose I can do it myself, but don't have an air compressor at the moment.. so I am open to any and all suggestions.
Original Owner

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?**
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote