The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Mr Handy

70 longbed build update.

Like a lot of members I have been working on my truck for a few years doing what I can afford and keeping it on the road and enjoying it.

This year I decided it was time to tackle rust repair on the cab and ended up pulling the cab on memorial day weekend.

I hope to have everything back together and up and running by the end of Memorial day weekend.
So far the cab has had the rust repaired, paint stripped (had between 3 and 5 different paint jobs on it depending on where you looked) Epoxy primer, body work, and Single stage paint, I am currently working on wet sand and buff. I'm very happy with how things are looking considering this is my first go at major repair and a full paint job.

an upgrade that I have that I absolutely cannot wait for is the Vintage air system I have waiting to put in. I also have a new wiring harness, dash pad, arm rests, and most of all, all new weatherstripping!

I also decided to go with Lizard skin for sound deadening and insulation and sprayed the inset in the roof with the stuff. I think it turned out really good, and if it does what it is supposed to it should make a big difference in the Florida heat. of coarse the floors are coated inside and out so I hopefully will be keeping all the engine and road noise and heat out of the cab as well.

enough chit chat, here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Mr Handy is offline   Reply With Quote