The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2017, 03:09 AM   #1
ClOsEr15

65 short bed, big window restoration, start June 17'

So I am 28 years old, living in central North Carolina. I currently work for a Mercedes Benz 190sl Restoration shop where we specialize in that 1 specific model. I am very fortunate to be there and i'll never take it for granted. So after going to school and working at the shop for 2 years now, I decided to take what I have learned and get my own truck to restore.

After going to the charlotte autofair, goodguys show in Raleigh, and a cruise-in in Oakboro, NC. I decided I really wanted a 60-66 C10, big window, short bed. I kept looking and looking and took me forever to find one. I didnt want to get a long bed, and do the conversion, UNLESS I had to. I may have paid a little more for this truck than it was worth, but at least its one that I really wanted and now I have it and theres no turning back.

Here is a list of parts the truck came with when I bought it... (may be missing some)

Original doors, both have holes added for the big mirrors (need welded up)
Brand new, in box, dynacorn short-bedsides.
Brand new front bed panel.
Tailgate w/ "Chevrolet". Not sure if its original, or A/M.
Front fenders look to be aftermarket since there is no rust, and holes are oblonged in order to fit properly.
Hood is original with holes that were drilled to pull out dents (needs welded), otherwise, its in great shape, no big dents or rust areas.
Inner fenders look to be original and have a few spots that need patching (you'll see in the pictures)
Came with front/rear chrome bumpers (dented/rusted up), i'll use for mock up.
Brand new radiator support in front.
Original grill support, minor rust.
350 motor, with rebuilt 700r4 tranny (previous owner says the tranny was "rebuilt" but I will find out once its taken apart).
Airbagit air ride system (I was planning on using it, but I am not too familiar with air-ride and was going to prolong my process longer than i wanted it to, so I have already sold the air bag kit, and looking into drop spindles/springs/5lug conversion)
Bunch of miscellaneous parts (headers, radiator, hoses, wiring, old driveshaft, beat up chome grille that headlights mount to, old side windows, inside brackets for windows, etc.)

Previous owner ALSO said the truck was ready for paint. HAHAHAHA. With me being a body man, it took me 2 minutes to look at this truck in primer, and realize, I need to completely sandblast/strip this cab and all the panels. Dont get me wrong, the cab and panels looked great in primer, but whats underneath it will make you sick knowing how people cover up rusted out panels, etc.

So here is some pics of my truck so far, and I'll hopefully be posting a lot more and being a part of this forum for a long time to come. Any suggestions/ideas/problems you see, please feel free to let me know!

Last edited by ClOsEr15; 07-24-2017 at 03:26 AM.
ClOsEr15 is offline   Reply With Quote