The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

In the wings, plans?

How many of you guys have the next truck project waiting in the wings? How many of you guys have more than one in line? How many do you actually think you will get to?

I used to have a lot of storage, hence ability to bring stuff home (a lot lol). Found out I will be losing the storage. Panicked haha, but then made plans with a buddy to go in together on a place. Then his wife put the kibosh on that plan. So I talked to the people (family-ish) I thought were going to purchase where I have my stuff stored. They were actually cool with me keeping my projects and parts if I could condense it to one little area. Hmm Ok I can probably do that. Last weekend I found out they might not be able to buy it after all. Talked to the new person that probably will buy it. They were also fine with me keeping my stuff in a condensed space.

The space I will be able to keep will hold three trucks end to end. And on the sides there is storage in stall like areas (used to be a dairy barn) I get one edge that kind of sticks out.

Here is what I have stored ... 1 67 parts truck, 1 69 parts truck. 2 extra chassis (long) 1 69 panel, 1 72 burb K10, 1 72 Short K10 (not numbers matching pile of mutt parts) And lastly a Shorty stepside in lots of pieces.

Non truck stuff ... 2 Austin A40 convertibles, 1 Austin A40 Sedan, 1 63 Sanger flat bottom boat, 1 1941 Cadillac Sedanette, 1 1981 Fiero, 1 1965 Corvair Convertible. 1 bare 1939 Ford Chassis. 1 bare 1958 Ford wagon chassis. 1 late 60's early 70's Little Joe popsicle truck (don't ask lol)

Plus tons (literally) of truck parts, engines, and transmissions, seats, doors, blah blah ... you get the point lol. Plus I am still buying parts and pieces for each of these projects as I find them. Stuff I might just end up never using and selling with the projects, just want to have in case that particular project ends up being the last truck standing.

And I have my 68 GMC K20/2500 that I love and is on the road.

Being nearly 58 there isn't any way I could get to this stuff. Turns out I'm just a hoarder of junk lol.

So whittling it down is gonna be tough. Ill have to keep the Cadillac, Ive tried to sell it a couple of times, got super lowballed for what I have in it. Probably be someone's barn find someday haha.Keeping the 65 Corvair, promised my honey we would be driving it when we turn 60.

In the end before I retire in 3 to 5 years I want to have one truck, my Corvair and the Cadillac (unless someone buys it). Every thing else that I would have managed to squeeze in to my reduced space will be gone.

Have you made the plans yet for all of your projects and parts? Especially you older fellas like me?