The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
TonyH

67 c10 power brakes?

I just took possession of the C10 my father bought new in 1967. In the 90’s he replaced the straight 6 and manual trans with a 350 V8 and turbo 300 trans (I think). He said they added power steering at that time but that he had never added power brakes. After driving it I believed him, It had a very heavy peddle to get it to stop. I opened the hood and it looks to me that it does have a brake booster and vacuum line going to the intake manifold, but it’s clearly not working. Pops has no memory of where or when it might have been installed. He swears it never had power brakes. I pulled the vacuum hose and it seems to have very good vacuum. I’m hoping I can just replace the booster and master cylinder and have working power brakes. My concern is getting the right part without have to do major mods to get it to work. Can anyone ID from the picture if this is the correct setup for a 67 or was it pulled from another year. Also any suggestions on trouble shooting the booster would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attached Images

TonyH is offline   Reply With Quote