The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
doug_b72

Should I buy?

Hello all! I'm thinking of buying a C65. I thought it was a 1974 model, but the owner thought it was an '84 model. So first things first, how can I tell the difference?

My main question is that the guy is asking $1500 for it which seemed a little low. Should this be a red flag? Haven't driven it yet but I hoped to this evening. It's got a 427 and a 5 speed with a 4 speed aux box. Twin screw axles, 27500 gvw, 14 foot frame behind the cab and no bed. I think the odometer reads 36 miles or maybe 360, so I've no idea how many times it's rolled over. It used to be a water tanker for a local fire department. Hasn't been licensed since 2012, owner says he's trying to get rid of it before they have to have an auction and have to pay commission to sell it.

My plans were to build a flatbed for it and haul my projects around (if a tandem axle truck seems big to haul a project around, one potential project is a John Deere 4520). What do you guys think? Too cheap to be good, or is it just a good deal?
doug_b72 is offline   Reply With Quote