The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #14
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1970 One Owner Short Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton View Post
So I'm reaching out because I don't know where to look next. I'm having issues with my a/c. I'm using the stock gm compressor with a vintage a/c setup. My system is still pressurized with freon the clutch is working the way it should on the compressor and my Guatemalan says the system has the correct about of freon in it. The heater shutoff works properly so no hot water in the heater core but no cold air. Any ideas? My lines aren't getting cold or sweating under the hood. I'm guessing the compressor went bad and just isn't cycling the freon or compressing it? Any thoughts or guesses will help. Thanks in advance. I have about 8k miles on the a/c setup. And the compressor was used and now has a total of around 30k miles on it.
I would recommend checking it with a set of gauges. That way you know exactly what pressure you are getting with the clutch engaged. I am running a stock compressor on mine too with an older model Vintage air kit. It is very critical to have the correct gas on those systems. I had mine over charged just a little and it wouldn't cool correctly. I had to evacuate a little gas before it worked properly. I was only able to tell with gauges what the problem was.
FYI,
I picked up adapters for my old R-12 gauges on Amazon. They were cheap and kept me from having to buy a new set. Good luck Boynton
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote