The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
mwildman

Testing Driving Tips, Items to look for when purchasing

Hello,

I'm new to the site and I'm looking to purchase a 69 C10 this weekend, possibly. I'll be honest, although mechanically inclined, I'm not to experienced with automotive nomenclature etc., so please use big words!

The truck I'm going to look at soon is a 1969 C10 straight 6 cylinders, 3 speed manual. All original to the best of the current owners knowledge, except for the conversion from column shift to floor shift. 120k original miles, nothing has been rebuilt or replaced. Some surface rust but nothing major per my conversation with the owner. Current owner has been using as a daily driver for the past 6 months.

What are some key items that I need to look for when reviewing the truck in person?
What are some items that I need look/listen for when test driving?

I plan on using this truck as my daily driver, day one. I don't drive to far, for one. Also, I'm tired of sinking money into a plastic junk and want something that I can work on myself, enjoy and restore over time with my boys. I had a 64 and 70 C10 while growing up, so there is some nostalgia involved with this purchase as well.

Thanks for your help,

Matt W.
mwildman is offline   Reply With Quote