The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
C10Glenn

Project - Alter Ego - '63 Chevy C10 Truck (from the UK)

Hi all,

So aside from piccies everyone likes a story, I've been heavily into Vw's for many years and I guess a good few Vw fans find their way into the American scene eventually. I toyed with Yank Trucks a while back when I was skint (not a wise move) a super clean UK F plate F150, sold it soon after and regretted it so hankered after another Truck but wanted an older model.

This cropped up on Ebay a few times, I rang the owner who said despite loads of Ebay msgs and texts I was the first one to actually speak to him, i agreed to bob down and have a look.

It was everything I wanted in a Truck really, I'm not a loud shouty person and have quite good restraint so the name above "Alter ego" fits quite well as this truck is low and loud, Very shouty and very very loud.

The owner turned the key and without saying anything to him I'd already bought it in my mind

The test drive it was baking hot, the collection day was torrential rain, the gap in the lower windscreen rubber wasn't kind to me !!
It sways all over, is ear splitting loud with a constant thud of the exhaust and feels like it's gonna drop to bits if I hit 60mph (that's if I knew how fast I was going) but......I love it, my kids love it and most importantly for happy vintage vehicle ownership, for the first time in roughly 200 Vw's I've owned......my wife loves it

enough waffle, piccies (i'm sure someone on here will know it already)

I'll list its faults in another post :shake:

Untitled by C10 Glenn, on Flickr

WP_20170729_12_34_27_Pro by C10 Glenn, on Flickr

WP_20170729_12_34_38_Pro by C10 Glenn, on Flickr

WP_20170729_09_55_48_Pro by C10 Glenn, on Flickr

Last edited by C10Glenn; 08-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.
C10Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote