The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
PaPaStewySnipes

71 gmc rear leaf only drop. A few qustions for the experienced folks.

Ok I'm intresting in doing my drop 2/4 or 4/6 but I'm stuck at which will work best for me or if may even work at all with out c notch. My rear is leaf only. I'm running 18" TTII which do have some back spacing 18×7 4.24bs and rear is 18x9 4.5bs, I want to order my parts by Monday and am in the need of some experienced advice. For the 2/4 drop I can do 2" spindles and new hanger and shackle for rear end, correct me of I'm wrong and I do not think I will have a prob hitting my frame and will get 3-4" rear drop and this will level out my ride from my measurements. I have a picture below with my spacing to work with. If I want to go lower and do a flip I think I will be very close to frame or even hitting it. Seems as if the truck is lowered some already, not sure. My rear leafs only have 3 bands and an overload, is this normal or were some removed already to have a bit of a drop. If I do flip kit I can remove or trim bump stop as suggested and do spindle and springs in front to match. Any insight to my predicament will be extreamly helpful.
Attached Images

PaPaStewySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote