The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
Clrussell

Newish guy with a 61 apache

Been meaning to start a thread for the last couple weeks and have just been to lazy to take the time.

Anyway, I picked up a 61 c10 apache short narrow bed a couple weeks ago. All original minus wheels and tires. Well and the driver fender and door has been replaced probably 30 years ago.. 95% sure it's been parked since 75. Perfect patina and minimal rust compared to most.

235, 3 on the tree.

Got the engine running with a tune up and carb rebuild, had to add an external oil Line to the head to get oil to the valve train. Cleaned out the cab and all that.

Plan was to get it running and drive it old school First. Carb is pissing me off and it needs an entire brake rebuild I don't want to sink money in just to take back off when I swap it.

Plans are :
I've got a 6.0 sitting in my shop awaiting a home so that's where it's gonna end up. Prolly 4l80 and mild cam and springs

Power disc brakes keeping the 6 lug, using Captain Planet adapter plate. Power steering, ac somehow, interior redone like it's supposed to be. Patina on the outside.

See if I can upload a crooked pic
Attached Images