The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
67pro-street

Attn: Mothertruckers Is A Scam-artist

I am really pissed off at Ed, the owner of Mothertruckers. I live in Washington State and I bought over $1700 worth of parts from him in November of last year. I am 17 years old, and Ed knew this. In order to make my money, I got a job and actually paid for the parts by myself without the help of my parents. Anyways, with that order, I bought 2.5-inch drop spindles for my truck, but when I went to install them, they were for the wrong year of truck. So not only did I waste my whole day as well as my uncle's day trying to swap out these spindles, but I also learned that I gave Mothertruckers a hefty tip of $269. The next day I called Ed and told him that he gave me the wrong spindles, so he asked me if I wanted to get the right ones, but I said no because I was just so mad about wasting my weekend, and I found cheaper ones with twice the quality from ECE. So Ed told me to return the spindles via UPS. Within the week, I sent the spindles. I even packed them better than Ed did when he shipped them out to me. I used those plastic air bubble things as well as newspaper wherever there wasn’t enough air bubble things. I also put on the rubber caps that go over the threads on the end of the spindles. Then I put the two individual spindle boxes into the original bigger Spindle box and sent it out. Well, I called Ed a while later and he said that he got the spindles back, but miraculously the threads were ruined on it. So he said he was going to talk to UPS about claiming his loss or whatever. Well UPS must have been pretty busy because it took Ed about a month and a half to finally “get something back from them.” During this month and a half I called ed about the reimbursement about 3 or 4 times, and he always said it would be on my next credit card statement, but whenever I called the credit card company, they said I never got it. Then finally, Ed got off hold with UPS after trying for 45 days and got his claim. But him being the responsible caring businessman that he is, didn’t even bother calling me back. So I called him and he said he was going to send me the money within the week. Well, surprise, surprise, I still haven’t gotten my money back. I never wanted to come to the message boards with this, and that is why I tried for about 4 months to talk to Ed about getting my money back. But since he obviously doesn’t care about his customers, than I will just help him out with some advertising. So in conclusion, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM MOTHER TRUCKERS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A YOUNG KID TRYING TO PAY FOR YOU TRUCK BY YOURSELF BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE THE EASIEST PREY. ED IS THE WORST BUSINESSMAN YOU WILL EVER COME BY.