The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 PM   #1
tanker916

Nelly Bell (1953 6400 Grain Truck)

I am a Kansas farm kid that joined the army and is stationed in the middle of no where (AKA Fort Bliss TX). Needing something to keep my self busy I bought a 1952 International T6 crawler. Two years latter it is restomoded to better than new and I am in need of a new project.

Insert my grandpas 1953 Chevy 6400 grain truck that he named Nellybell. He bought it used in 1956 and has had it since, it also spent every night in the equipment shed. My mom, aunt, and uncle all drove it as soon as they where big enough to help out on the farm. Back in the 80's (ish) the breaks went completely out and he parked it for good in his equipment shed.

So what im looking to do with this truck, everything. I want to put disk brakes on it as well as putting a new engine in it. After that time for new paint, sound dampening, and electrical work.

So onto the questions im hopping you all can hopefully answer.
1. Are the brakes on the front the same size/kind as those on the smaller size trucks? IE would this conversion kit work? http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...ck&option=Base
2. When I looked at the engine bay it seemed cavernous to me. Would this kind of engine fit? http://www.blueprintengines.com/inde...ssed-ps6320ctc
Attached Images

tanker916 is offline   Reply With Quote