The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
C10Glenn

63 grille question, driving me mad this is

hi all

aside from the more important jobs on my list I thought ordering new headlamp rings and fitting them would be dead easy.

I've ordered 36-4303 headlamp rings as the square ones I later learned was for 64's onwards

Then I realised I didn't have the little retainer things that the screws screw into so contacted LMC and have received 4 little black metal clips that seem way smaller than the original indented bits around the headlamps, they also said I need some 30-0574 screws.

Offering the round shiny new bezels to the existing grille nothing seems to fit, does the bezels simply sit flush to the grille as they appear as if they slot in then twist around to match the screw holes, they don't do this?

The screws I was told to order are tiny and no way slot through the bezel, into the screw retainer and hold the bezel ring to the grille ??

I presumed I had to take the grille off but this seems a task in itself, is this an easy job as I cant see any obvious bolts to remove without taking the whole front off?

really appreciate some guidance here

Thanks

Bezel by C10 Glenn, on Flickr

my grille

Untitled by C10 Glenn, on Flickr
Untitled by C10 Glenn, on Flickr
C10Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote