The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

Question Burb Gas Tank??

Was at the local auto parts store today and a guy walks up to me out in the parking lot looking at my truck. He asks what I did with the gas tank filler and I point out to him where it runs up the inside of the drivers side bed right behind the wheel well. He says on his 72 he used the gas tank from a Suburban that had a filler inlet that allowed him to place the filler neck right behind the license plate with a short length of rubber filler hose straight to the tank inlet??

Has anybody ever heard of a Burb tank that would be the right size,(width), that would allow us to strap it up there between the frame rails behind the rear? And that has the filler inlet facing back towards the license plate?

If this does exist, we could put these guys out of business that sell these 'conversion kits' that leave you wondering how the heck you are gonna' get the gas in the tank!!

Appreciate any info that might be available.

72longbed
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote