The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
CHEVYRULS

Not sure what transmission to use

Its time to figure out what to do with the original transmission in the 1972 C10 long bed, 350ci with a gear ratio 3:73
The truck undergoing some body and front suspension repair so while its on jack stands I what to see what can be done to replace the M465 manual transmission.
The truck will be used as a daily driver on the city streets and HI way vers. hauling a Tank Sprayer which was its previous life for the last 20 yrs.

I do have a 14 spline T5 out of a 1994 S10 but I'm not sure what parts needed to install the new transmission. (like make and year of parts ect.)

Here is just a few of my concerns
-Flywheel,can I use the same one that the M465 uses?
-Clutch Hydraulic or the original linkage, I do have an aluminum bell housing that can house a Hydraulic clutch. Can I use the original bell housing and linkage that is used on the M465.
-what clutch and pressure plate will work?

If an Auto is the way to go then what is needed to do the install?

Keep in mind I would like to keep this within a reasonable budget

Thanks for any input I'm trying to be detailed so not to run into any surprises, if you have a recommendation where to look for parts that would be appreciated.
CHEVYRULS is offline   Reply With Quote