The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #11
Intimudator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Intimudator - First off, welcome to the forum. I think you will find this site to be very helpful.

It basically comes down to the ball joints and tie rods...

I am not versed in the 60-62 torsion bar front suspension, so here is what you need to look at: If the ball joints are changed to the '85 1 ton ball joints, then yes the spindle will bolt up...NOW, will the ball joints actually fit the control arms for your '61 C30? I don't know that. I would check the OD of the lower '85 BJ against the OD of the lower '61 BJ, if they are the same size, then yes it should press into the arm. I believe the upper control arms use a bolt in style, if the '61 is the same as what was in my '65, than the upper BJ is a direct bolt in for the '85 upper BJ.

As for swapping the arms themselves, the lower want work because of the torsion bar from suspension under your '61.

Now, the tie rods, this can be solved by using an adapter sleeve if the thread sizes are different between the years like the C10's are.

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do and how it works out!
Thank you for the fast response. I was hoping to hear some one has actually done it but I will go measure them and go from there, I'll keep everyone posted so everyone on here will know for sure if it can be done
Posted via Mobile Device
Intimudator is offline   Reply With Quote