The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #10
Voodoo556

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5510255402.html

I saw this a week or so ago and my initial thought was wow pretty good deal on a clean unmolested 4x4. Might be too good to be true.
So I emailed and asked if it was still for sale, for some more photos and a few other questions. Response was yes still for sale and a link to more pictures.
My next email asked if he could call me to discuss the truck and possibly setting up a time to take a looksie.
Didn't get a call and the reply was as follows:

The car runs great, all original, no rust, no accidents, clear title. I was promoted and transferred to Hickam AFB, HI for a 3 years period, so i do not want to let it ruin in unused therefore i need a fast and reliable buyer.
The car is garaged at the Logistic Department at Beale AFB, CA ready to go.
The shipping will be free for you because I will transport the car using the Internal Logistic Department. The financial part will be managed by CARFAX, which means you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Beware, this is a scam.
http://used-car-advisor.com/car-seller-scam