The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
Jmh68C10

06 5.3 Loud tick Lifter?

Although this is a 67-72 forum I figured there are a lot of people very familiar with ls motors. I have a 06 Gmc Envoy Xl Denali with right at 150k miles. It has the 5.3 . I bought the car new and it has been maintained to a tee. Basically all recommended maintenance has been done since new. The engine ran like new until yesterday. I was sitting at a stop light and out of nowhere it developed a loud ticking almost similar to the sound of a exhaust leak but definitely coming from the engine. The truck also lost oil pressure. This is when I cut it off and got it towed. Now that it is home its got oil pressure but still has the loud ticking sound. After doing some research I see that many people have lifter issues which I am guessing is the case for me but I haven't taken off the valve covers to confirm. I would like to think I could replace the lifters and get more life out of this vehicle but the loss of oil pressure scares me. Any first hand experience or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.