The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
dadyluvsbubu

67 C20 Starter Issue

Hello all....I am new to the Chevy world-just crossed over from MOPAR land. Chevy's are just easier to restore and get parts for I am told. Was going to drop a SB TBI 350 in my late model Dodge hotrod, but that would be blasphemy.

I have recently acquired a 67 Chevy C20 with 283 and 4 speed standard tranny. Truck is a one owner barn find farm truck and is in pretty good shape overall. Just finishing tuning her up when the starter gave up the ghost. Unbolted the starter, only to find out that the exhaust downpipe (Y pipe) appears to be in the way....can't drop the old starter without removing that blasted exhaust pipe. In my experience, unbolting the y pipe from both manifolds usually means broken bolts, drill bits, and ease-outs are on the menu. Just curious if anyone else has
encountered the same problem-or maybe I am missing something obvious??? Many thanks for any assistance
dadyluvsbubu is offline   Reply With Quote