The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
walker

Engine tuning help

I am having a minor problem with the 350 in my '67 C-10. If I start it cold it starts right up with one or two pumps of the pedal. After I drive it for a bit and shut it off it does not want to restart as easily. It does not seem to make a difference if I give it more pumps on the pedal, or none, it cranks over many times before it will start. I partially opening the accelerator also, to no avail. I have also played with the idle mixture screws. When I turned them in 1/4 turn the idle quality was not as good and it tended to stall while cold. When I turned them out 1/4 it started about the same, but did not want to shut off when I turned the key off.
This is not a major problem, and it drives great, but I would like it to start nice and easy every time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It has the edelbrock 600 on a performer manifold, HEI, 10*initial advance.
Thanks, Andy
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote