The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
Budweis
Geared for Collision

depressing

hey all,
well i was under the truck today trying to figure out what all i need for my project and saw that my rockers and supports for floor boards are wasted as floor boards have also seen better days. the supports are barely even there at all near the rockers. rockers look more like big clump of putty than metal. has me wondering if sinking 10k into this truck is even worth it. problem is already bought 5k in parts so cant stop now. the main problem is i cant weld and truck wont move yet. i was wondering if i should look into learning to weld and rent some welding equipment or if i should pay a welder to come out and weld up for me once i get laid out and rust removed and patch panels in. if i decided to learn to weld which kind of welding and equipment would i want to use for a project like this? mig? and would i be able to learn to weld in one weekend lol as thats prob all i can rent it for. i wish i could buy a setup but money doesnt allow right now, i got 5k left to get this truck done and prob not gonna make the way it is. any advice or tips on equipment to rent appreciated, the truck is in the central missouri lake of the ozarks area where im doing project at. if anyone lives in this area who welds and feels bad for me and wants to weld up for me id gladly pay too lol. after looking at it today it has me pretty depressed , letting truck sit for 5 years really screwed it up, gonna be alot of work to get it straightened out.
1977 Corvette Coupe
Budweis is offline   Reply With Quote