The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
OlSmokey

Optimal Setup

Hi there guys, I'm pretty new to the concept of gearing and stuff like that. I have a 1972 C10 with a 350 and a TH350. I'm not sure what my differential is geared at. Ultimately my goal is to have the truck be a daily driver and I'm trying to plan out my build. My question is, is the 3 speed transmission good enough for both in town driving, as well as long road trips (which I plan to do) and if so, what would be an optimal gearing setup for the diff? Also another piece of info is that I will not be towing anything heavy, and if so, I have a very small brown trailer I have access to that I may tow every now and again. But not for long distances.

I'm also not opposed in this stage to have something to aim for in terms of transmission upgrades. Maybe something along the lines of a 5 speed or 6 speed auto transmission if that's even a possibility.

Thank you!
OlSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote