The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
dmjlambert

quality of relays

What do you guys think of the quality of relays that are available? Is there a source of relays that are not some junk that are going to burn out in a few months?

I've been thinking about some modifications for the truck using relays, including the headlight mod and a kill switch, and wiring my electric choke that uses a signal from an oil pressure switch, and perhaps some other stuff. The thing is I don't know if I can trust that some Chinese manufacturer is going to really give me a 20 or 30 amp relay, or are they just going to stamp that rating on the plastic housing of something crappy and call it good. Since everything is now made in China and is cheaply made, I'm hesitant. Needless worry, or am I right to be concerned?

Somewhat related: At one time I read a post where somebody described how to pick wire that was suitable for under the hood, and there were specifications, gauge, and all sorts of other things discussed, but now I've searched to death and can't find it. I recall that it was in a discussion about the headlight relay mod. Any pointers on type of wire?
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote