The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #10
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocww View Post
Scott, I'm just starting my build with the tci chassis. I had them do the assembly for me, but obviously I have to disassemble it in order to paint it etc. Can you take some more pics of the gas tank for me please. I am in the process of mounting mine back there too. Trying to decide if I should weld up a skid pan, or maybe some square tubing and then do straps. Also did you have your rear c notched? I feel you on the exhaust, I wish they had made the front of the frame 2inches wider, I mean if your going to redesign a frame why not give us some more room!!!
jocww - congrats on the chassis - I think it's an excellent choice. No C Notch - I am just going with a static drop and using the lowest setting for the coilovers to mount to.

Headers - yes you would think TCI would do a bump or clearance spot or something! My clearance channel works great.

Are you going with the chassis mounted booster? What motor? I had issues with the brake pedal scraping the floor and bumping into the head on my LQ4 motor. Switched to a firewall unit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gas tank pics attached - let me know if you need more. I used this tank and got the pump, pickup, Russell fuel line kit and corvette filter/reg from them as well:
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd114.htm
Attached Images