The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
BigMike56-72

Neutral Safety Switch/Backup Lights

I already searched for the info I was looking for but didnt quite find it so I will ask here.

I recently replaced my steering column from non-tilt to tilt. In the process the NSS switch that came with my new column was different that was my truck had to begin with. I was told I could just replace the L shape plug with the one provided and all would be good. (Truck vs Van NSS) Well not so fast as I don't have backup lights when I put my truck in Reverse. My truck started off as a Std trans so I dont have the purple wires for the NSS which is fine since I'm the only who drives it but again the issue is my reverse lights don't come on.

Based on the pictures below I think I have it wired correctly but wanted to pick your brains to see if I did it right. Hopefully I just have the wires wrong and its a simple fix.

The light green wire goes to the right plug and the dark green to the left is what I am thinking??

Again thanks for all your help.
Attached Images

BigMike56-72 is offline   Reply With Quote