The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
GMC85HighSierra

94 GMC Sierra Parts On An 89 Crew Cab

Hi all, I have a couple questions on an 89 Chevy crew cab and a 94 GMC Sierra.

1. My dad has a 1989 Chevy crew cab I'm thinking about getting, and I was wondering if a steering column out of a 1994 GMC Sierra will work in it. I'm not sure if the 89 has a tilt steering column, but I know for sure the 94 column does. From what I can see, it looks like they're pretty much the same (except for the tilt lever and the shifter).

2. Will the AC components from the 94 work on the 89? I know the AC works in the 94, but not sure about the 89.

3. Will the 350 engine with the serpentine drive out of the 94 work with the 89? The engine runs good, and the one in the 89 has been sitting for a while (so not sure on it).

Basically I'm asking if the parts will be plug and play, or if I'll have to do some modifying to make the parts work.

The reason I'm asking all of this is because I have a 94 GMC that needs a bunch of body work, a new trans, and some other things. Was thinking about parting it out and putting some of the parts to use. Thanks
GMC85HighSierra is offline   Reply With Quote